Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Can it be fall now?

Ok - i'll admit it, i'm a Halloween freak and i'm ready to start decorating and planning costumes. I'm irritated because Target still has "back to school" stuff in the seasonal isle and Party City is just now getting things set up - they won't have costumes in till the 12th.

How do i know this? I just came from there - with a disappointed 3 year old who desperately wants a "Buzz Lightyear" costume. Now i could order one from the net - but i'm hoping to get a better price (less shipping) therefore freeing me to order the accessories for him.

Anyway - i hung my Fall Scarecrow wreath on the door 2 days ago and my poor hubby just sighed. I admit it's hard to get into the feel of fall/Halloween when it's 95 outside - but i'm so TIRED of summer and i'm ready to be creative again. Along the Halloween front also comes Ren Fest and i have 3 costumes to work on for that - while keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be able to go this year. I really want to. I adore dressing up, i love being a bit of "someone else" for a day. We didn't "do" Halloween when i was a kid - so maybe i'm just making up for it now.

I'll post pics as i get things in order. I also need to try things on - since last year nothing was fitting. I have a "wench" dress that needs new grommets for the bodice (and i have the tool to do that now) and an overskirt (hoping Goodwill will allow for that). The bodice is cream background with pastel flowers and the muslin underdress is cream - so just about anything will work. I have a dressier "lady's dress" that i want to change the sleeves on. It too is cream and i have some lovely sheer, sage green fabric to make big bell sleeves and add to the neckline. The third is a fairy costume i put together out of bits and pieces of other things - it turned out fairly well and i was able to wear it 2 years ago. It's in shades of blue and grey/ silver. Again - needs some work to make sure the wings will work.

Thus finally begins some creativity on my part.

1 comment:

Raven said...

We did Halloween as kids and I STILL love to "be someone else" for a day (or many days as the case may be) here's hoping you get to come with this year! I missed you last year :)